Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD: And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.
The LORD is very patient in meeting out final justice on any land. It is obvious that His love compels Him to warn the offenders repeatedly in order to draw those hearing the warnings to a place of humility, repentance, and joyful obedience to His word. Combine this with the thought that was revealed in Amos 3:6b, "...shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?" In essence, the Lord pulls down the hedge of protection and allows the guilty nations to see calamity in His attempt to turn hearts towards home. If repeated catastrophe strikes, it would make sense to pray for wisdom. The question needing asked is: "Is this due to sin or is this just part of life in a fallen creation?" It would also make sense to turn to the word and look for similar precedent. No matter how bad the sin of a nation is, God always sends warnings. Anyone remember of the story of Jonah and wicked Nineveh?
In chapter four, as mentioned in The Lion Warns, the Lord sent 5 groups of warning "roars" intended to draw the peoples attention back from the folly of sin to their relationship with God. In each warning, it was said, "yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the LORD." These warnings were:
- Famine--Amos 4:6
- Selective drought--Amos 4:7-8
- Blight, mildew, and insect predation--Amos 4:9
- Pestilence, military loss, overwhelming stench--Amos 4:10
- Total overthrow--Amos 4:11
Amos 8 reveals that there is a spiritual parallel to famine in the land, and it is not a famine of food, but of God's word. Remember, we live by every word which proceeds from God. As an example that could be applied to many formerly Christian nations, let's apply these 5 warnings as spiritual parallels to my home, America. Those of you reading overseas, remember, this may be seen in your land if you look for the warnings. Especially those of you in Europe! Indulge me if you will.
- Famine--the entire truth of God is no longer proclaimed, and when it is, it is immediately attacked. When have you last heard sermons on salvation, eternity, the 2nd coming of Christ, Hell, repentance, justice, and judgment? Rather, we hear fluff and stuff! "Pamper me and prosper me, Oh Lord!" There is already a famine of truth in the land.
- Selective drought--The days of national revival seem to be gone. We get selective "outpourings". Yet, the last one that Christians ran all over the country to attend ended in disgrace as one of the leaders was found to be committing adultery. Saying this, I am still holding out for the promise of the Latter Rain, but it will only come to those who walk in truth and desire holiness of life.
- Insects are always shadows of demonic activity, and blight and mildew are representative of a corruption to the fruit and work of the church. Do I need to say much more? Empty altars, heresy, compromised lives, half-truths.....
- Fallen soldiers--the nation is filled with burnt out, fallen down servants of the Lord. Many have fallen to ill gotten gain, sexual sin, pride, compromise.... Again, need more be said?
- Overthrow--whole denominations that once were bastions for and standards of witness, testimony, and holiness are now wallowing in filth like dogs returned to vomit and washed pigs returned to mire! Many churches in Europe have been changed to mosques--that is overthrow!
We need to look again unto Jesus. We were not called to be sated with worldly pleasures, but to be light in darkness. Paul actually prayed for hedges to be pulled down so that men would turn towards Christ. Our hedge is down and the Lion is roaring. Can you understand what you are hearing? Pray for understanding as Yeshua HaMashiyach is Soon2Come!
Abby Lee Miller Tells Lifetime‘s Dance Mom’s Contestants to Dance Burlesque | Video | TheBlaze.com Godlessness and pedophilia always follow the acceptance of homosexuality!
Panetta: 'International Permission’ Trumps Congressional Permission For Military Actions Drawing the US into one world government?
We’ll mock Jesus but not Mohammed, says BBC boss | News | The Christian Institute This is definitely blight, mildew and overthrow!