"For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety*; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,..."
1 Thessalonians 5:2-9
George's dad, George HW BUSH, set a precedent. Every time an American President involved America in attempts to separate the Jewish people from the land of covenant promise, the nation has been hit with incredible and immediate disaster. All one has to do is search the top ten natural disasters by cost and it can be noted that 9 of 10 are related to treatment of Israel. Only Hurricane Hugo does not make that list. As was seen in Sudden Destruction--Really! (1990s) , nearly all of these disasters hit within a 24 hour period after a decision to obstruct God's prophetic unveiling of Jesus and His covenant promises. All were concurrent with hostile policies towards Israel.
Also mentioned, many have written on this phenomenon and I strongly encourage you to purchase their books:
John McTernan--As America Has Done to Israel
John Mcternan and William Koenig--Israel: The Blessing or the Curse.
William Koenig--Eye to Eye-- Facing the Consequences of Dividing Israel
David Brennan--Israel Omen and Israel Omen II
So what happened to America during George W Bush's tenure as President as it related to Israel? Here are a few items to consider:
- American policies in the latter half of the Clinton years aided in destabilizing the government of Benjamin Netanyahu. In the chaos, Ehud Barak won an election that Netanyahu was supposed to have won. This was only Israel's second election ever specifically for the seat of Prime Minister. At the same time, destabilization ran amok in American politics too. Does anyone remember the hanging chads?
- Saudi Arabia's Prince Abdullah sends the President a letter of rebuke with threats to break ties over Bush's apparent siding with Isreal through statements and policies he made in public. Fearing the loss of oil and an Arab ally, Bush has an abrupt change of heart over Israel. Bush fires back a letter that says he strongly believes, "the Palestinian people have a right to self-determination and to live peacefully and securely* in their own state, in their own homeland..." Bush then intended to announce the shift in American foreign policy during the week of September 10, 2001. We all know what stopped that announcement. *Emphasis mine--see the scripture above. With that, I strongly recommend that you watch these two episodes of Sid Roth who is interviewing Messianic Rabbi Jonathan Cahn: Cahn interview part 1 Cahn interview part 2
- America now takes an active role in assisting the Quartet who propels their "Road Map" plan for peace and security in the Middle East in April of 2003. The Quartet members are the US, EU, Russia, and the nations of the UN. During this time the US is hit by a record 562 tornadoes that do over 5 billion in damages and that earns the moniker--the worst weather in US history.
- As America is being pummeled by tornadoes, Europe is staring at its hottest weather in 500 years. This heat wave is so powerful that 50,000 deaths are attributable to it. I guess the EU should have stayed out attempting to stop God's covenant promises. (There are many other instances of disasters related to Israel outside of the US that I will try to share in a later post.)
- As IDF troops begin evacuating the Gaza as the US originated plans called for, that same day, August 23, 2004, a tropical depression formed that would eventually become a hurricane named Katrina. Ironically, Katrina means "cleansing". As the last Jew left the Gaza Katrina strengthened to a category 5 storm but it would make landfall as a category 3 storm. While the Gaza was being bulldozed for the Palestinians, Katrina was bulldozing the Gulf Coast. Jews have not been able to return to this covenant land and neither have many Americans been able to return home. David Brennan, mentioned above, was a New Orleans resident at the time of the storm.
- Immediately, the Palestinians begin a campaign of terror by launching hundreds of rockets into Israel. America had destabilized the southwestern border of Israel and brought terror to the people there. About the same time, America's southwestern border became highly unstable and parts of it seem to have been lost to the drug cartels.
- As America and the world joined in to remove the children of Israel from the land promised to them, the world economy began to suffer as well. At the end of 2008, Bush was highly pressuring Israel to vacate more covenant land as was the rest of the world. A series of economic downturns with various causes sent America and the world to the brink of an economic abyss. Notice that the dates of each DJIA drop seem to be sending a clear message. September 29, 08--777 point drop (a biblical number relating to Christ) this was the Jewish holiday of Rosh Hashanah. September 30 to October 8, 2008 the markets post the worst ten days since the great depression and these are the Jewish Days of Awe in preparation for the Day of Atonement. October 9, 2008 the markets sees a drop of 679 points on Yom Kippur--the Day of Atonement. The market drops 737 points on October 15, 2008 which is also the Feast of Tabernacles. Add it up--the markets lost 2193 points on all of the fall biblical Jewish holidays that year.
Are you preparing for the coming of Messiah Yeshua? You can't stop him and standing in His way will only get you steamrolled. It is better to make your peace treaty now with the soon coming King. Jesus Christ is Soon2Come!
The Isaiah 9:10 prophecy: Is U.S. under God's judgment? An article on Jonathan Cahn mentioned above.
Iceland recognizes state of Palestine - Israel News, Ynetnews And with such a big volcano there too!
European members of Security Council condemn Israeli settlements, settler violence - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News
Israel attacks European criticism of West Bank settlement activity - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News And with Europe's economy once again teetering on the brink of an economic abyss again too!