Monday, September 26, 2011

Jesus Loves You--Just a Reminder

"As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full."
John 15:9-11

How much does God love you?  Have you ever wondered?  Do you wonder now?  Do the circumstances of your life cloud your assessment of the love of God for you?  Are there times you feel that your sin is so great that God has forsaken you or that He is punishing you?  Today, rather than dealing with the many great prophetic signs, let's look at the love of God as revealed in the verses above.

There is a measure of God's love for you.  Where?  It is the measure of the Father's love for the Son!  "As the Father hath loved me..."  As much as God the Father loves God the Son, that is the measure of love God has for you.  Read the verses above again just to be sure and then believe.  Hear the Word of the LORD by faith--HE has an immeasurable amount of love for you.  He knew all your sin when He went to Calvary and still saw you as worth the effort. It is revealed in the work of Christ at Calvary!  "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him,"  Romans 5:8-9!  Why do you doubt?  Why do you fear?  Why do you worry?  Does GOD have to prove His love for you again?  Trust Him by faith!  He loves you!


John Parsons of http://www.hebrew4christians.com/ wrote a sentence that has burned in me for days since I read it.  "The message of the gospel requires that you regard yourself as worth dying for, that you are God's friend..."Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends,"  John 15:3.  God deemed YOU as worth the sacrifice of Calvary--don't ever doubt the love of God!  Accept it! We spend too much time wondering, worrying, fretting, and fearing as to whether God sees us or cares, yet the cross is substantial evidence that we are loved with a love so amazing that it cannot be described.  Peter describes that our reciprocated love should cause us to have overwhelming joy and not doubt. "Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory,  1 Peter 1:8."

 Teshuvah and God's Love -- A great article from John Parsons!!!!! 

It is this overwhelming love of God that makes us to desire a holy, righteous life!  When we see the massive price that was paid, we will desire to live as one for whom such a great price is paid.  It calls, it pleads, it begs that we operate in faith as we see the plan of God that spared no expense in our redemption.  It is this love that brings us to trust God wholeheartedly no matter what circumstances this sinful world put us in.  It sees the cross and claims that love and then it responds with a gracious heart of obedience!  "For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love, Galatians 5:8."  



God's love is also the reason that we can see the ever approaching signs of the coming of Christ.  He will not stay in heaven while His creation writhes in wickedness, but He will come to redeem and restore!  His love and justice calls!  Come home!  Come to the one who loves you so!  Come to the one who loves you so and pray! Pray!  "Father, I accept the love you have shown for me by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on that bloody cross.  Forgive me of all my sin and transgression.  Wash me clean in the blood that was shed for me.  Even now save me Jesus!  Assist me in living a sold out life to you" 

Today's News

No comments:

Post a Comment