"For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,..."
1 Thessalonians 5:2-9
What do thieves do when they break in? They steal something--of course! There is no use of breaking in if you have not come to steal something. Jesus is prophesied to come as a thief in the night, so what does He take? The jewels He purchased by His own blood at Calvary's cross--the redeemed! Also, thieves tend to do a lot of damage when they break in. Notice that sudden destruction soon follows. Yet, as mentioned in "Sudden Destruction," http://soon2come.blogspot.com/2011/12/sudden-destruction.html
the call for peace and safety is now bringing sudden destruction on those trying to separate the Israelis from the Covenant Land of God.
Remember, the land belongs to God and He gives it to whom He wishes--and the recipients were the descendants of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob (Israel) bound with an unalterable covenant. Furthermore, the sudden destruction pattern is and will be an indicator to those who are soberly attentive portending that the labor pains have begun pointing out the Lords soon coming return.
Over the past two decades the world has witnessed this pattern but most are not perceiving it. Men like John McTernan, William Koenig, and recently David Brennan have done extensive work of showing that these sudden destruction episodes are closely linked to the treatment of Israel. John McTernan has wisely associated this with Obadiah 1:15 (a parallel to 1 Thessalonians 4), "For the day of the LORD is near upon all the heathen: as thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own head." Notice that both passages are associated with the Day of the Lord--the revealing of Jesus Christ. In Obadiah's verse, the law of reciprocity that Paul seems to allude to is prophesied. Mess with Israel and Messiah's revealing and then get hit with sudden destruction.
Why would messing with the Jews bring such swift judgment in the last days. Men are blindly following Satan who is purposefully trying to thwart God's promises to Abraham, Issac, and Israel. They are also standing in the way of His prophetic plan for the coming of Christ! Satan is trying his hideous best to stop Jesus from returning while proving God to be inept at keeping His covenant promises.
Here are links to their various sites:
William Koenig-- http://www.williamkoenig.com/
Buy their books! They are well worth it!!!!!
So what are the sudden destruction labor pains? Here are a few:
- President Bush calls for "peace and security" by initiating land for peace--America is hit the same day with the Perfect Storm and Bush's own Kennebunkport home is extensively damaged--October 30, 1991
- Hurricane Andrew devastates Florida immediately after the Madrid Conference resumes on US soil. President Bush is extremely distracted by the 30 billion dollar storm during the conference--August 23, 1992 *Costliest natural disaster up to that time
- American initiative leads the Israelis and the Palestinians to bargain over Covenant land. During the entire talks the US is hit with historic 15 billion dollar flooding in the Midwest states--April to August 1993
- President Clinton is meeting with President Assad of Syria discussing the Golan Heights followed immediately by the Northridge Earthquake--July 16-17, 1994 *Highest Richter Scale reading in a metropolitan area to date and costing 25 million dollars
- President Clinton shuns, embarrasses and callously meets Prime Minister Netanyahu. Shortly after, the President warmly greets Yasser Arafat in the Oval Office (Netanyahu was not brought there). Later that day the Monica Lewinsky Scandal breaks with the President being embarrassed--January 21, 1998
- America is assisting in the drafting of a document that will yield around 13% of Judah and Samaria to the Palestinians. Yasser Arafat is in the US to meet with Madeline Albright and Netanyahu. Immediately, Hurricane George hits the Gulf Coast and stalls--September 28, 1998 and another billion dollar price tag.
- Netanyahu and Arafat meet at the Wye River Plantation in Maryland to resume the talks to carve up Israeli Covenant Land. During the entire time they are in the US, Texas is hit with historic flooding--October 15-22, 1998
- While Arafat is in the US to raise money for the Palestinian state with President Clinton, the DJIA drops unexpectedly 216 points--November 30, 1998. The next day, December 1, 1998, Europe sees its 3rd worst market day up to that point as many European nations also pledge monetary support for the Palestinians squatting on Covenant Land.
Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain. Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh. Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.