Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The King's Business

And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand. And the vision of the evening and the morning which was told is true: wherefore shut thou up the vision; for it shall be for many days. And I Daniel fainted, and was sick certain days; afterward I rose up, and did the king's business; and I was astonished at the vision, but none understood it.
Daniel8:25-27

The first familiar howl came from my right.  Having been in this situation before, it did not bother me.  However, when a coyote howled to my left and then another answered behind me things got a little scary.  I could tell they were close, and I had no flashlight.  Within just a few minutes it became apparent that there were four coyotes following me out of the woods in the dark. The truck was still a three-quarters of a mile walk ahead.  I had stayed out deer hunting just a bit later than normal and it was very dark when I started out of the woods.  Also, I was used to walking in the dark without a flashlight and had encountered single coyotes before, but having so many so near was unnerving.  Because I was focused on the coyotes and not the trail, I soon got lost in the dark and could not tell which direction I was heading in the small pines which were obscuring the sky.  Fear soon overwhelmed me.  

Stopping in the woods with the pitter-patter of their paws around me crunching the leaves and needles on the forest floor, I prayed!  I had been so focused on their noises and calls that I had not heard anything else.  Shortly after praying, I heard a car on the road behind me.  I had turned around 180 degrees and was heading deeper into the woods.  Turning around, I began to walk towards the car's noise until I could not hear it no longer.  I would then stop and wait for another.  Focusing on the cars going about their business, I was able to drown out the noise of the coyotes.  After listening to 4 different cars, I finally could see the road in the moonlight.  What a sight!




Daniel also had an experience which greatly unnerved him as well.  He was given a glimpse of the Tribulation period and the terror of the Antichrist's reign.  The vision of the agony those who will endure this time period so troubled Daniel that he became physically ill.  However, he did not let the fear cripple him.  Maybe he was like someone caught in a situation where coyotes are howling and the dark is blinding for a short while, but the prophet knew that GOD had the entire situation under control.  Rather than being immobilized and forever living in dread of the future, Daniel got back up and began doing the King's business again.  Surely, this was a part of the LORD's direction for one He trusted with such great revelation and insight. 


The Tribulation truly will be a time of outright horrors.  Even now we can see the events that show that it is near each day. Just today, many have been sharing the news of large earthquakes and fears of economic chaos in the future.  Others are so worried about the collapse of national governments into a unified world government that will destroy personal rights and liberties that they are living daily in great fear.  Truly the coyotes of despair are surrounding us and howling.  Stop!  Take a deep breath!  PRAY!  God is in control.  Listen for the sound of His voice give you direction.  Get back on task and be about the King's business.  There are many who need to hear your testimony of Christ and His great salvation.  Things are pointing to dangers ahead, but hold on.  Get your bearings and get back on the Lord's path of service for you.  Hold on!  Jesus Christ is Soon2Come!



No comments:

Post a Comment