Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I Hope...

And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
Luke 17:26-30

"I hope Jesus doesn't come back today because I have some fun things to do and there is lots to get done."
Come to think of it, this summer would really be a bad time for Him to return.  There is just so much to do that is really important.  This is the time when our family goes on vacation or to the beach.  Surely the Lord knows that it is also baseball season.  Next week we are planning to go out to the lake for a couple days of fishing. If He comes back before I get to the amusement park or free day at the fair, I'll be really sad.  Gardening--this is the time of year I enjoy my walks in the garden.  I am sure we will not be able to pick flowers, swing, or play frisbee in Heaven so I hope he won't come this summer.



Of course, I am also worried that He might come this fall because it really is a bad time for me.  There are friends with wedding plans.  Deer season, I just can't miss that!  What about those beautiful leaves and the family camping trip during this cool and beautiful season.  I'll miss eating all of the things that I planted in my garden.  Football--surely Jesus knows that it is football season--I just can't miss that.  He has to know how much I enjoy those woodland hikes where I pick apples and enjoy campfires with smores and such.  He absolutely can't come back during Thanksgiving time!!  Surely Heaven can't top that, so I hope He does not come back this fall.

Winter would also be a very bad time for an imminent return.  Jesus knows that I like snowmen, snowball fights, Christmas and New Years.  I am positive that He won't come then because He knows how important it is getting all of those presents and having family fun.  This is when friends come over and I share all of the food I worked so hard canning in the garden.  It is also when I enjoy sitting around the fireplace with hot chocolate and friends while we tell stories.  That is always when we plan the family skiing trip.  I'm sure Jesus understands how important the hockey tournaments are to me.  Really!  I hope He will consider all of this before He returns this winter.



Even spring would be a bad time!  Jesus, you have to understand that spring is turkey season.  Also, we have to have the annual family trip to the mountains during this time.  He won't come back then for sure since that is the time of Easter.  It would be really inconvenient.  I'll need to prepare the ground for my garden.  March Madness--I can't miss the college basketball championships. No!  Spring would not fit my schedule either.

Now that I come to think of it, His return might really be inconvenient.  Or maybe I have a spiritual problem?  Could I be so earthbound that I forgot that I am to live a Heaven bound life?  These are many of the same excuses that I use to skip out at church regularly.  Maybe I don't love Jesus as much as I thought?  Hmmmmm!"

Jesus Is Soon2Come!

Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.

Luke 12:40

No comments:

Post a Comment