Friday, October 9, 2009

Ever before me!

"I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope." Psalm 16:8-9

What wonderful promises. I ran across this scripture while reading about a man who was facing a terrible, terminal illness. In the midst of life's worst news, he had calm assurance that things were really o.k. What made him so peaceful? This text. God is ever before us. That is why prophecy is what it is. God is already there! I am positive that events will soon take place that will rock the world. Our nation, according to Romans 1, has been under judgement, and without overwhelming repentance we will soon face grave times. The rest of the world will follow suit as the scenario for the Tribulation and the anti-Christ unfolds. The news from the last few days reads like the prophets and apocalyptic writings now.

But, Christian, the Lord is before us. He told us these things would happen. He is calling on us to prepare our hearts for home. Not only does this Psalm say that He is before us, but He is also guiding us at our right hand. He is with us no matter what may happen. The result--we will not be moved. Like the old hymn--"though all hell assail me, I shall not be moved" We are anchored to the stone which the builders rejected and now has become the head of the corner. Praise God! All of us need to trust Him who knows the beginning from the end and who brings us peace in the midst of the storm. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment